This guide will show you how to update your Bitnami NinjaInvoice Stack on Windows to the latest. Note: This did work with no issues going from 22.214.171.124 to 2.9.1 which is the current version as of today. For Linux, review steps 6-12.
- Navigate to C:\Bitnami\invoiceninja-126.96.36.199-0\apps\invoiceninja\htdocs
- Download the latest copy of InvoiceNinja from https://www.invoiceninja.com/self-host/
- Extract the contents of the freshly downloaded zip file
- I suggest renaming the HTDOCS folder before doing this… it creates an extra step or two but it might be worth it.
- Create a new htdocs folder
- Paste all of the contents of the downloaded zip file into the folder (or www\ninja folder for Linux).
- Go to your OLD install and copy the .env in the root directory to your new folder. This is the file that contains settings such as database connection settings.
- Go to your url with /update at the end. IE: www.mywebsite.com/ninja/update
- Wait a while for the upgrade.
- It should say successful. In a new tab, attempt to browse to the page! Should be updated and good to go.
Note: Bitnami no longer supports InvoiceNinja. You may have a hard time finding a copy. It’s relatively easy to install on Centos with Apache in my experience. The documentation for install is pretty great too.